Sunday, May 4, 2014

Chickpea Veggie Burgers

I've made quite a few veggie burgers over the years, searching for that one I'd want to eat over and  over again. Well, I think I've finally found it. And it's incredibly simple: chickpeas, stuffing mix, onion, and lemon juice.


Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
1 cup herbed stuffing mix (I used Stouffers)
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.

Coarsely mash the chickpeas with a potato masher so you have a paste with some chickpea chunks in it. Stir in stuffing mix and onions. Add lemon juice a tablespoon at a time until the mixture holds together. Salt and pepper to taste. Shape into patties (I made five).

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, flip burgers, (add cheddar cheese if you want--I did and it's delicious), and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.

Dress your veggie burger up however you'd like--cheese, tomatoes, lettuce bun.


Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Healthy Recipes:
Yogurt-Covered Blueberries
Zucchini Chips 2.0
Baked Apple Chips
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
Black Bean Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Skinny Peanut Butter Brownies 

No comments:

Post a Comment