Saturday, October 25, 2014

Spiced Cinnamon Tea

I am cold all the time. It can be 30 degrees out or 70--I've got a sweater on either way. For me, the best way to keep warm is by the inside out. Since I don't do coffee, I've always drunk hot chocolate to keep warm, but that's a bit hard on the waistline so I started experimenting with teas. In truth, the only one I found that I really liked was cinnamon tea. And it's more like love than like. Of course, I've a cinnamon fiend--cinnamon in my oatmeal, my hot chocolate, pancakes . . . pretty much everything. I drink the generic Meijer brand but I believe Celestial Seasoning also makes a cinnamon tea. Normally I add a scant teaspoon of sugar to my tea, but since it's autumn, I decided to spice the tea with mulling spices. So-so-so good and autumnly.


Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cinnamon tea bag
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon mulling spices (I used Aspen Cider Spices)

Directions:
Boil water. I just put my mug in the mircowave for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and spices. Place tea bag in mug and steep for about 4 minutes.



Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Beverage Recipes:
Butterbeer from Harry Potter
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mixes
Pumpkin Hot Cocoa
Spiced Cranberry Juice 

No comments:

Post a Comment