Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Smores Cookie Cups

So after I made Cinnamon Toast Crunch Smores, I kind of had smores on the brain and ended up making two different types of smores cookies: Smores Cookie Cups and Smores Sandwich Cookies. Both made with the same ingredients, both completely addicting. Seriously, I couldn't eat just one.

This recipe is also super simple. However, I made it a little bit more difficult. The recipe calls for refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Now, I love refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, but I'm not a huge fan of refrigerated sugar cookie dough; it just doesn't taste right to me, so I used my sugar cookie recipe (see below). But if you like the store-bought stuff, I say use it! It makes these cookies so much simpler!

Recipe adapted from here.



Ingredients:
1 package Ready to Bake Pillsbury Sugar Cookies (or this sugar cookie recipe, halved)
4 tablespoons chocolate spread (I used Hershey, but Jiffy makes one too)*
4 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
3 graham crackers, crumbled

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees if using refrigerated cookie dough. (If using my sugar cookie recipe, preheat to 375 degrees). Grease a two mini muffin tin with cooking spray.

Place crumbled graham crackers in a bowl. You can crumble them as fine or as coarse as you like.

Roll each section of refrigerated cookie dough (approximately a tablespoon of cookie dough from scratch) into a ball. Roll each ball into the graham cracker crumbs and place in the muffin tin.

Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 350 or 7-8 minutes at 375 (for scratch).

As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press the centers in gently using the end of a wooden spoon. Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Once cooled, spoon 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate spread into each cup. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon marshmallow fluff on top of the chocolate spread. Place cookie cups onto a cookie sheet.

Set oven to broil and pop the cookies back into the oven to toast the marshmallow. This only takes about 30 seconds so don't walk away or even look away from your cookies or else you risk burning them. When the marshmallow reaches the desired shade of golden brown, remove from oven.

Serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature.

*I can't wait to try these with chocolate-hazelnut spread!







Right out of the oven. Pure heaven.

Smores Cookie Cups and Smores Sandwich Cookies

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Smores Recipes:
Smores Wontons 
Smores Cookies!
Smores Pie
Peep Smores 

No comments:

Post a Comment