Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Chocolate Covered Blueberries

Last winter I discovered chocolate covered cranberries and they quickly became one of my favorite snacks. In fact, months later I'm still craving them, but sadly cranberries are out of season. Then I saw the carton of blueberries in the fridge and thought why not? I've made yogurt covered blueberries before and they were fabulous. Why not chocolate covered blueberries? The only drawback to these is that Eric likes them too, where as I had the chocolate covered cranberries all to myself.


Ingredients:
2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any kind of chips you'd like)

Directions:
Line cookie pan with waxed paper.

Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on high. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat as needed until chocolate is melted.

Pour the blueberries into the melted chocolate and gentle stir with a spatula until all the blueberries are covered in chocolate. With a fork, transfer the cranberries one by one to the cookie sheet. Place in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.





Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Berry Recipes:
White Chocolate Filled Raspberries
Blueberry Muffins
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins 
Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce   
Blueberry Chocolate Chip Brunetties
Sugared Cranberries
Michigan Cranberry Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment