Friday, September 12, 2014

Chicken Nugget Casserole

Even though we don't have any children, I buy a big bag of chicken nuggets every time I go grocery shopping at my husband's insistence. It's not that he's madly in love with the bland little nuggets. It's just that they're an easy meal when he has to fend for himself. And I'm not going to lie, I'll make them for myself when I'm feeling lazy too. But I've come to discover I don't really like chicken nuggets. They're just food for the belly, and I'm a believer that food should be more than that; it should be enjoyed. Since chicken nuggets are a staple in our house, I decided to find a way to make them enjoyable.

Eric thought I was a little nuts when I told him I was going to use chicken nuggets to make a casserole. But after one bite, he was convinced. This casserole is so full of flavor. And you can easily change it up just by switching out the sauce. Swap out the spaghetti sauce for BBQ sauce or ranch dressing. Or change it up by playing with different cheeses. A whole new world of chicken nuggets has just opened up.

Recipe adapted from here.


Ingredients:
12 frozen chicken nuggets
1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
1 cup your favorite spaghetti sauce
2/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Place the chicken nuggets in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Spread the spaghetti sauce over the chicken nuggets. Toss mozzarella and Italian seasoning together then sprinkle on top of the casserole.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.




Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Chicken Recipes:
Provincial Chicken
Southwest Chicken Panini Sandwich
Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Tomato and Artichoke Chicken
The Ultimate Comfort Food Casserole
Zesty Shredded Chicken (Crockpot)

No comments:

Post a Comment