Saturday, September 13, 2014

Parsnip Chips

I have always wanted to try parsnips but somehow they have eluded me for years. I'd go to the grocery store and they'd be sold out. Well, my mother-in-law had some a friend had given her from the garden and she was generous enough to share them with me. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a vegetable before.

If you're familiar with my blog, you know that I'll turn anything into a chip so the first thing I did with the parnsips was turn them into chips (then I roasted them like a normal person). They reminded me of a nutty potato chip. Eric, who was pretty sure he didn't like parsnips but was willing to try them, really like the parsnip chips (he didn't, however, like the roasted parsnips).


Ingredients:
Parsnips
Cooking Spray
Salt

Directions:
Slice the zucchini into thin slices using a mandolin. You want them just step above paper thin--this is the second setting on my mandolin, but each one is different. Place a sheet of wax paper on a microwave-safe plate, and spray it generously with cooking spray. Place the zucchini slices on the plate in a single layer. Season to taste. I used just salt, but you could use garlic powder or grated Parmesan cheese or anything that sounds good to you.

On high power, microwave for 4 to 6 minutes. Allow the chips to rest for 1 minute. Microwave for another 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown spots appear on the chips. Keep in mind each microwave cooks differently. Mine turn out best when cooked for 4 minutes then 2.5 minutes.



Parsnip and carrot chips

Enjoy!

~Krissy

More Chip Recipes:
Baked Apple Chips
Banana Chips
Homemade Pita Chips
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Kale Chips 
Parmesan Veggie Crisps
Pepperoni Chips
Potato Chips in the Microwave
Snowflake Tortilla Chips
Yellow Squash Chips 
Zucchini Chips 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment